Nishanthi Dasanayaka joins RCC

22 Dec 2022
Dr Nishanthi Dasanayaka 

Dr Nishanthi Dasanayaka has joined RCC as a Research Software Engineer.

Nishanthi is a recent Computer Science PhD graduate from QUT, majoring in data science, the Internet of Things protocols and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) applications.

She is also an experienced software and web developer.

“I decided to join RCC because I was eager to begin my career as a software engineer in a dynamic organisation where I could put my skills in research and development into practice,” said Nishanthi. “It is a great privilege to join such a prestigious university.

“I’m excited to collaborate with the highly-skilled professionals at RCC on challenging projects and gain new knowledge while supporting the team in making great progress.”

In her RCC role, Nishanthi will work closely with RCC Senior Research Software Developer Dr Mark Endrei, who will act her as manager. Mark and Nishanthi’s primary focus is enhancing and expanding the software stacks that make up RCC’s research data management, image processing and workflow services.

“Nishanthi’s qualifications as a full-stack software developer are an important addition to RCC’s research software development and integration capabilities,” said Mark. “She will have a key role in developing and deploying software services that support vital UQ research.”

RCC Director Professor David Abramson welcomed Nishanthi to the team. “We are delighted to have Nishanthi join our team – she brings some valuable skills that will broaden RCC’s reach in the University”

As well as her PhD from QUT, Nishanthi has a Bachelor’s Degree (Hons), majoring in Computer Science, from the University of Kelaniya in Sri Lanka.