Videos from this year's RCC/MURPA "Women in Technology" Seminar Series are now available to watch on RCC's YouTube channel.
The recorded seminars include:
- Dr Genevieve Bell on “The Internet of Living Things”
- Dr Michela Taufer on “Exploring I/O Challenges and Opportunities at the Exascale”
- Dr Sandra Gesing on “Increasing the Efficiency of Workflows: Use Cases in the Life Sciences”
- Prof. Ewa Deelman on “Scientific Workflows for Science and the Science of Scientific Workflows”
- Dr Rommie Amaro on ‘Multi-Scale Dynamics: Molecules to Cells.
RCC and MURPA (Monash Undergraduate Research Projects Abroad) co-host the IT-focused seminar series in the second semester each year. The seminars are held weekly on Friday mornings, 9am–10am AEST. This year's series began on Friday, 29 July and will end on Friday, 4 November.
The seminar series' speakers are leaders in their field — from either the academic world, government or industry — and are often based overseas. Speakers and seminar attendees at UQ and Monash University are connected via the universities' advanced videoconferencing facilities.
See the RCC/MURPA Seminars webpage for further information and to view the 2016 seminar schedule.